Friday, May 19, 2006

Insurance companies

OK, I said I was going to try to find something positive and I'm sure I will. Some day. But I feel compelled to comment first on out of control insurance companies.
The company that provides my prescription coverage is now trying to tell me that I don't need the medication that my doctor says I need. They suggested a variety of alternatives. All tried; none work; some made matters worse.
So their next brilliant idea is to have me go through a series of horrible tests every three months to re-evaluate whether or not I can be on a cheaper drug. The tests cost several hundred dollars. And I've been through them and they truly are nasty tests to endure. So I should go through them on a regular basis, at a cost of several hundred dollars, so my prescription insurance carrier can save around a hundred dollars every three months.
Is this insane or what?! I'm thinking socialized medicine is looking better all the time!

3 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger tree said...

Wow~ I was having the same thought about insurance companies the other day. We are about to change companies at work for the sixth time in 3 years that I have been there. Why? to get the best deals for my nonprofit? It really is psycho!

I noticed that you like the book "where Two Worlds Touch" Not a lot of people have even heard of that book. It was nice to find an ally.

Socialized medicine is a dream of mine too. I think it's closer than further.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Nu8gDva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Nu8gDva said...

Thanks Tree! I'm so glad to know that at least two of us read the book, "Where two worlds touch". I read and re-read it when I'm trying to make sense of things that make no sense.

And in the non-profit world too! Truly, we must be kindred spirits. I've become convinced that profit making will ruin this country, or maybe already has. We really need to figure out a better way.

Keep on keeping on....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home