Thursday, August 10, 2006

Question

Remember to always ask yourself, what could generate this level of animosity. Ever read the book, "Have you hugged a monster today"? (Or something like that??) Anyway, monsters do not spontaneously come into being. They are born of maltreatment, hatred, emotional abuse, etc. etc. etc.
I knew a woman once who was an incredible social worker. No one could have cared more for the families she worked with. But a system beat her down until she could barely get up again. I've lost touch with her over the years---don't even know if she is still in social work. Doesn't matter, the point is, she was a nice person, a good social worker who was destroyed by a callous, uncaring system. And if that system treated it's representatives that way, how do you suppose it treated the families?
What is wrong with people anyway? I am so anxious for 2012. I hope we have evolved by then. I hope the Mayans are right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home